Saturday, February 24, 2007

When's your turn?

The CNY season is about to fade away…. just around few years ago, I really dread CNY. You know, when one is single…well meaning relatives and friends would bombard you with those “When’s your turn?” questions. As a single back then, I really dread this moment.

CNY is not just about spring cleaning, mandarin oranges, bak kwa, mahjong sessions and house visiting…I don’t believe it. I brought my baby girl for visits this CNY… I am still not spared…. “When is the next one coming?” Quite rightly, I cringed!

Oh my, conversations would always be centred around this theme. It really doesn’t help much when TV kept rolling out those old and ridiculous Chinese movie re-runs. Thank God, we didn’t get “Once Upon A Time in China” again. I can almost move around like Master Huang. No kidding, I really think I saw the first and second installments around 7 times each. I’ve also outgrown Stephen Chow movies. I really find his antics, truly tiresome.

I still dread CNY… can’t really get over CNY songs by our TV artistes, newscasters are even dragged along to sing! Champion evergreen CNY songs are those belted out by Ms Long Piao Piao. I heard it in malls every year. She just wouldn’t go away.

Just a wicked thought…imagine one is at a relative’s funeral wake. You try telling those older relatives…”When’s your turn?” I bet ya…all hell’s gonna break loose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home