Thursday, March 29, 2007

Weddings, an all-new low

I attended a colleague’s wedding dinner over the weekend. Things were fine. The couple was radiant, accommodating and things run smoothly. However, there was some things that really irks me…

First, I saw people sneakily removing all the cute bear souvenirs and emptying it to their handbags. It was sure disturbing. Not only did they go for one table, they went bear snatching on other tables. My God. What insatiable greed.

The second blow came a couple of weeks earlier…before the wedding dinner. This colleague of mine was going around asking for kakis to "form" table. He approach me if I wanna “form" table. I was pretty puzzled momentarily….WTF. I thought the bridegroom or bride would allocate where their guests would sit? I thought that jerk's idea was illusory. Wait a minute...that bloke really went on to "form" table. KNN.

It was sheer "deafness" to the couple's wedding dinner preparations. I thought it was outright disrespect to the couple's arrangements. C'mon, u think it is your father's Dinner & Dance function?

Quite rightly so, it spoilt my weekend. What a load of crap from this people.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They will also form table at funeral

11:23 AM  
Blogger SgGooner said...

i've seen people taking the door gifts but forming a table? wtf?!?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well..I do go around and sit with others. But to arrange before dinner, bit too much la.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home