Monday, September 10, 2007

A rock & roll fable

Streets of Fire remains one of my favourite movie. Remember catching that movie at the then President cinema in Balestier back in the mid-80s. Since then, I’ve never seen it on telly. Actually, I’ve tried numerous video shops and whatevers, never manage to get hold a VCD or DVD copy of this movie.

Basically, it’s about a soldier of fortune returning home to rescue his ex-girlfriend from some thugs. It had that great mix of musical, action, drama and comedy with elements of both retro 50s and 80s. The lead, Michael Pare had that cool look then. I rank it up there with Sly Stallone’s Cobra and Kurt Russell’s Snake Plissken. Another bunch of my movie heroes.

Though never a box office hit, this movie is said to have attained cult status. Could be the rock soundtrack….I just lurve listening to “I can dream about you” by Dan Hartman. A fine rock and roll fable, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home