Sunday, August 13, 2006

Wrestling

I came from a family of wrestlers. No lah, watching wrestling on telly. It is a family tradition. A time-honoured tradition. My late Grandpa and Papa are avid wrestling fans. I hate to admit it. So am I.

Before WWF or later WWE became our staple feed, there was this show, “On the Mat” on our local telly. Hey, I fell in love with wrestling since that show came on. The usual good guys were Steve Rickard and Mark Lewin. The bad guys then were Ox “Heart Punch” Baker and our lousy firestarter, the Sheikh.

Then on, I grew to love Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Of course, I like George “The Animal” Steele too. Their brutal feud really borders on the ridiculous, centering on Miss Elizabeth.

Loads and loads of wrestlers came and went. Some even died. I still prefer my wrestlers from the 80s. I don’t really watch much wrestling nowadays. Largely stemming from my wife’s protests…. she claims it’s sheer and mindless violence.

Let me rattle on this past fav…. The Ultimate Warrior, the possessed one. This chap runs around like a moron, i remember how he finishes off the Honky Tonk Man in seconds during a title match. Like what Mike Tyson did to the other boxers back then. However, it was before Buster Douglas shatter that aura of invincibility at the Egg Dome.

Okay, I shan’t harp too much on this "violent" topic any longer. Sid Justice or Psycho Sid, Scott “Booty Daddy” Steiner, Steve "Stone Cold 3:16" Austin, Mankind and the Road Warriors aka Legion of Doom are my absolute favourites. I love my wrestlers…to be big, badder than the rest, great Herculean physique and the God-given ability to beat up their opponents mindlessly to a pulp, like jackhammers on the construction sites. Gives me the feel good factor all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home