Sunday, September 17, 2006

Week of retirements

Juan Roman Riquelme and Thomas Gravesan both announced their retirement from international football this week.

Surprising…. I still think they have got a lot left in them to perform in the international stage. I like Gravesan’s combative edge. I always believe that if he gets to don Arsenal colours, he would be a great hit. Like John Jensen. He would add a cutting edge to the Gilberto-Fabregas midfield axis. The bite that is lacking since Vieira left. Taking care of the physical part that is lacking.

Riquelme is the best thing that has come out of Argentine soccer since Maradona. Personally, I favour Fernando Redondo best. I remember Redondo (Real Madrid) was so magical in one particular Champions League match against Manchester United. He practically ran rings round the MU players that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home