Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Long, cold & bitter night in Moscow

The recent good run by Arsenal came to a halt at CSKA Moscow just hours ago.

In fact, the Gunners were outclassed by a gutsy Moscow side who snatched a 1-0 win through a first-half free-kick from Daniel Carvalho. I saw the wall and it was abysmal. Enough said, CSKA now topped Group G. I reckon Arsenal would eventually run out as Group winners.

My only complain is that Henry got a perfectly executed and legitimate goal disallowed in the final minutes of the game. For the trouble, he even got a yellow card for his efforts. I think the referee felt he controlled the ball with his arm. I am not sure…I think he chest it down to steer home. Could have been 1-1.

Probably sum up the night….poor pitch, poor refereeing and a long, cold bitter night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home