Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Zhen Zhen Porridge

I usually have my Zhen Zhen fish porridge for breakfast at least twice a week. It is a must-have.

The first time where I got to try Zhen Zhen porridge was in the early 90s. I was a draughtsman then and had gone to BCD (Building Control Division) for drawing submission. I wandered off to Maxwell Market after that, saw this snake of a queue, tried it and had been a frequent customer ever since.

Zhen Zhen Porridge is a hawker stall located at Maxwell Road Hawker Centre. This stall dish out the best porridge in Singapore. No bull! They have a wide array of porridge, u know, the fish slices, frog legs, etc. One thing… they don’t sell pork porridge. The portions are generous in those flaming red bowls and it is cheap too. Prices starts from S$2, I think.

Zhen Zhen also sells raw fish as a side dish. For youtiao, one can buy them from some stall at another row of the market. For 30 cents each, it is equally awesome when one dips to the porridge.

Be warned…super long queue at all times. I think they open early. Say 6 am to at most, 1 pm. One more thing… they are closed for business every Tuesday.

Another priceless gem in local hawker food fare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home