Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Heng Kee Curry Chicken Noodles

If one ever craves for curry chicken mee. Look no further… Heng Kee at Fook Hai is the best. I don’t care about the other clones sprouting around Hong Lim, Maxwell and Chinatown areas. Heng Kee is the real McCoy. It is an institution of its kind.

Try going there at 12 pm to 2 pm. What you see is a snake of a queue. Jokes aside, I am a regular there and I still queue for 30 minutes or more for my curry mee. Try queuing only if you have the patience.

This ultra-delicious dish is served in mee or bee hoon and topped it up with rich chicken curry gravy. The broiled white chicken is placed on the noodles with those giant fish cake slices, chunk of potato and the “soggy” tau pok. Viola, slurp, slurp, glup, glup, can reach Cloud Nine. Heng Kee’s chicken are always succulent and tender. Their curry are pretty rich, not too thick, yummy and sinfully oily.

For starters, prices range from S$4, S$5 and S$6. Opens around 10 am to 2 pm. I think they are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays. Their phone is 6535-1077. I am not doing advertisement for this stall… it’s just damn good, I got to share it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home