Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I fell in love... at the movies

I love mushy romantic love comedies. It just set my heart a-flutter and occasionnally making me smile to myself….When Harry Met Sally, Frankie & Johnny and One Fine Day are three such movies that appeals to me and I’m sure many would agree too.

When Harry Met Sally stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan, it chronicles the lives and relationships of Harry and Sally. It started from the time they carpool together from the University of Chicago to New York, right through several relationships of their own, several chance encounters before they finally became a couple together. What a relief for all.

I personally like Frankie & Johnny best. It is not simply about a cook and the waitress falling in love. It also depicts our inner fears and hesitations to fall in love and hence, starting and sharing a new life together. Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer simply oozes class.

I like this particular kissing scene between Frankie and Johnny with the backdrop of flowers. How sweet. The girl who would rather watch videotapes and eat ice cream at home was moved to falling in love. I also remember this scene where a patron had an epileptic seizure at the café and how Pacino and Pfeiffer helped the guy out.

One Fine Day was basically focusing on a hectic day where an architect and columnist fell in love. It was just mutual dislike turning to love in one day. Simply wonderful, if our own lives can be like that.

The soundtrack on those movies were equally good. Songs like Harry Connick Jr’s “It had to be you”, Van Morrison’s charming “Have I told you lately’ and the Doobie Brothers’ “What a fool believes”. Just setting the mood right for the touching scenes.

My favourite actors are Billy Crystal and Steve Martin. So funny. The former was hilarious at the Oscars and Steve Martin was really great in “Parenthood” and “Father of the Bride”. I also like Michelle Pfeiffer and Meg Ryan alot. Such sweet actresses.

I also like “Green Card” too. The part when Gerard Depardieu was playing the piano. Quite a poignant cinematic moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home