Sunday, July 22, 2007

We can handle the Tooth (Truth)

Another whammy, the authenticity of the Buddha tooth relic housed in a temple at South Bridge Road is called into question.

Dental experts are claiming that the Buddha tooth may not be the Buddha’s tooth after all. Some are claiming it looks more like a tooth of a cow or water buffalo.

Besides the puzzling authencity of the Buddha tooth, I am also wondering why the temple need to use as much as 420 kilograms of gold for the stupa.

I am a simple Buddhist. I actually still think that observing and upholding the Five Precepts and practicing Lord Buddha’s Teachings was good enough to reap good karma and gain merits. Frankly, would donating tones of gold reap good karma and merits too? It then become a rich man’s game. Sigh.

It seems, thousands of years ago, the Man gave up on all wordly possessions to find the Truth. Observing His Teachings is the greatest homage any follower can show to Buddha. Maybe not by showering gold, not for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home