Monday, August 13, 2007

Season 07/08: Breathe Again

After the final whistle, I thought there was much relief all round. I was much elated, jumping on my sofa and kissing my daughter. Arsenal had capped another comeback win. I billed it as the first competitive match since Henry had left the building. It was important and the Gunners just had to win.

Well within that first minute, Lehmann gave us a self-inflicted horror. His attempted reverse pass fell straight to Fulham’s David Healy, who tap in easily from close range.

After 52 seconds, Arsenal was left searching for the equalizer. All their efforts were saved by Fulham’s stand-in keeper, Tony Warner. That guy was excellent, he kept everything out.

I reckon everything was lost… till Bocanegra blocked Toure’s charge. Robin Van Persie slammed the penalty home confidently. Six minutes left, scoreline reads 1-1. Into the final seconds of normal time, the Cesc worked his way through and pass to Hleb in the penalty area. Hleb found space from Chris Baird and strike home for the winner.

Nicklas Bendtner was pretty cool... he came on and rattled Fulham a fair bit. This bloke is quite similar to the John Carew role back in his Valencia days. I thought it was workmanlike and effective. I also love this... Spurs lost to newly promoted Sunderland at the death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home