Sunday, August 20, 2006

Singapore Idol: 2006

I am no authority in the local music scene, but I think the singing in Singapore Idol: 2006 really sucks. It is really bad singing. I know…their fans may disagree…. the contestants are like say… celebrities or maybe, phenoms to them. But then, their singing and showmanship, really teeters on the hideousness.

I guess singers of the past…a half-baked Mah Choon Hong or Bani Farook, may not sound that bad. This competition could probably be staged once every ten years. Let a generation grow.

Anyway, what’s in for the Singapore Idol? Personally, Taufik was great. I think he have two albums under his belt, a commemorative stamp and… what else? These days…I cast my myopic glance and all I see is our idol selling Big Gulp. How sad. Ya. He quitted smoking too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home